cross country skiing
The slopes in the region have almost all been set up for classic cross-country skiing and skating. The cross-country area between the Kitzbüheler Horn and the Wilder Kaiser has a wide valley floor and lots of easy routes. Challenging variants are for instance the sections in the Hinterkaiser area, as well as those across Huberhöhe into Kaiserbachtal. Night-time slopes are available in the Koasastadion St. Johann in Tirol and in the Biathlon centre in Erpfendorf.
- Free use of the slopes in the Kitzbüheler Alpen which have over 250km slopes - classic and skating
- Austria's biggest open cross-country race in St. Johann in Tirol - the Int. Tiroler Koasalauf
- Guaranteed slope quality thanks to the Tirol slope seal of approval
- Snow-assured altitude slopes in Kirchdorf
- Illuminated night-time slopes in St. Johann in Tirol, Erpfendorf